The Carnival of the Mobilists (COM), the weekly roundup of the Web’s best blogging on mobile and wireless, is now live at WIP (Wireless Industry Partnership) — the connector in the mobile industry, supporting the overall ecosystem by encouraging discussions, co-creation and exchange.
Some of the posts that made the COM this week include:
- Looking for a mobile app developer? James Coops over at mobyaffiliates launches a new resource to help us find the right partner. The Best Mobile App Developer Directory includes iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and HTML5 developers, grouped by geographical region. If you’re not on the list, then you had better contact James to make your case.
- My own contribution from MobileGroove is Jeff Hasen’s latest column. He draws from his recent book (Mobilized Marketing: Driving Sales, Engagement, and Loyalty Through Mobile Devices) to help marketers identify what works around the world and how they can/should apply these learnings to their own strategies.
- COM newcomer Natasha Hutchinson over at Adfonic makes a splash with post that lays out why marketers must shift their media budgets to mobile. It’s packed with insights and stats — which is why it is also the Pick of the Week.
- Our hosts over at WIP bring us a recent interview they conducted with Gary Yentin, CEO of AppPromo. Want to know how to tackle the discovery dilemma without investing a lot in marketing to do it? Read on and find out!
Next week Optism steps up to host the COM and encourage a discussion about THE hot topic in mobile: mobile commerce.
Read the complete COM over at WIP.
Allow me now to put on my other hat (COM Connector & Coordinator) to remind the COMmunity to get involved.
- We still have some slots if you want to step up and take the helm. Please check out the COM host calendar email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you want to take the slot.
- Further to my emails and ‘nudges’ please send in your image (thumbnail), your Twitter handle and a 50-100 word description of what you do so we can add you to a new page that lists Mobilists and all the people who contribute their ideas and insights. THANK YOU.
- And don’t forget to follow the COM on Twitter (@TheMobilists) and join us on Facebook!
- Carnival of the Mobilists #259 (technokitten.blogspot.com)