Whether you have a great app or a good idea, mobile startups need solid advice to map out winning strategies and build a serious business. This is why this year’s Forum Oxford (taking place this Friday — November 23 —in Oxford, U.K.) is sharply focused on providing attendees the tools and insights they need to take their ventures to the next level.
The one-day event (priced at GBP250 for MobileGroove readers) brings together a balanced mix of subject matter experts and successful entrepreneurs for a day of casual networking and brainstorming. Attendees will have ample opportunity to connect one-on-one and discuss how they should seek VC funding, tackle legal issues and build a business perfectly matched to mobile megatrends just crossing the chasm.
Real mobile insights
Why attend Forum Oxford? Here are 5 reasons why you can’t miss it!
- Learn how to take your ideas from concept to execution.
- Network opportunities across the Forum Oxford ecosystem – technologists, operators, investment experts.
- Learn about new funding models (Crowdfunding).
- Understand how start-up accounting is different.
- Become a part of the ForumOxford ecosystem.
But perhaps the most original reason comes from @HanTot who tweeted:
I am thrilled to be a premiere media partner for this event. In addition to moderating the session looking at the ‘fiscal cliff facing startups’, I will also be on hand to conduct video interviews with speakers and attendees. If you want to catch up or meet up, then email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or DM me (@peggyanne) to connect during the event.
In the run up to this event I have conducted video interviews with Tony Fish, Entrepreneur and Strategic Thinker, AMF Ventures, and Torsten Stauch, Co-Founder and CEO, AppShed, to find out more about the business models (crowdfunding) and approaches (freemium meets open innovation) startups should embrace — before they run out of cash.
Unlike many large, impersonal conferences, Forum Oxford is highly interactive and promotes open communication between participants and speakers. Organizers expect in the range of 70 – 100 participants. You can register by click the link below, and MobileGroove readers receive a discount.
Discount online registration is at – https://www.conted.ox.ac.uk/account/registration/index.php?id=O11C755H6Y
The event is designed with ample Q&A time and opportunities for further discussions of the conference topics during breaks, over lunch and at the early evening drinks reception.
- Svetlana Grant, Director of Smart Cities, Connected Living Programme, GSMA
Presentation: The Future of Mobile: Innovating for Connected Living
- Simon Dixon, CEO, Bank to the Future
Presentation: Mobile start ups and raising the funding you need
- Dan Appelquist, Head of Product Management for BlueVia, Telefónica Digital
- Margaret Gold, Chief Marketing Officer, Ether Books
Presentation: How Mobile is disrupting the Publishing Industry
- Torsten Stauch, Co-Founder and CEO, AppShed
Presentation: My journey as an Entrepreneur
- Andrew Griffin, Investor Relations, Monitise
Presentation: Building a UK mobile tech company whose biggest competitors are its clients
- Neil Driver, Partner for Davis Grant LLP
Presentation: Seven “must do” financial foundations
- Dr Andrew Eliasz, Director, First Technology Transfer
Presentation: Interfacing a Raspberry Pi to a 3D – “Why would you want to do it and how?”
***Panel discussion ***
- Russell Buckley, (Founder of AdMob which is now Google AdMob), MobHappy
Presentation: Start ups and funding
- Tony Fish, Entrepreneur and Strategic Thinker, AMF Ventures
Presentation: Mobile and Funding – What is the best way to find your backers
- Muriel Devilliers, Founder- Managing Director, LUMU Invest
Presentation: The long and winding road of a woman in Tech
- Jouko Ahvenainen, Entrepreneur, Investor, Founder, Grow VC Group
Presentation: T Start ups and funding
- Aditya Jaokar
Presentation: Feynlabs & Concepts of Programming Language for Kids
- Rudy de Waele, Mobile Strategist, Business Angel and Appreneur
Presentation: Mobile Opportunities in Africa – Engaging With The Next Billion
- Fabian Stelzer, Co-Founder and CMO, EyeQuant
Presentation: The Attention Age – Designing Apps and Devices for the Brain’s Bottleneck
- Prof Khalid Al-Begain, Professor of Mobile Computing and Networking, University of Glamorgan, and Glamex Security Ltd
- Tomi Ahonen, Communities Dominate Brands
Presentation: Augmented reality as the next mass media/Conference summary
No sales pitches – this is a conference for presentations, questions, answers, interactions and discussions
Hope to see you there!
Conference webpage at – www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/H600-22